Even though intensive home treatment is specifically designed to replace inpatient treatment ,there is almost no discussion -and certainly no research-about how exactly how it works in that regard. What functions of inpatient treatment does it replace? Which elements of intensive home treatment are a substitute for which elements of inpatient care? A group at London’s City University and the Royal College of Psychiatrists Research and Training Unit have developed a conceptual model of the aims and functions of acute inpatient psychiatry that I have found helpful in understanding how home treatment can substitute for them.
- 20. Safety of patients under the care of crisis resolution home treatment services in England
- 15. HTAS Standards for Home Treatment Teams
- 14 Guidance statement on fidelity and best practices for crisis resolution and home treatment teams UK
- 19. A qualitative research study of service users /consumers of crisis resolution and home treatment services in UK
- 13. Home Treatment Accreditation Scheme