I wrote this article for the April 2011 issue of ” Community Psychiatrist”: the newsletter of the American Association of Community Psychiatrists. It highlights the role of intensive home treatment and how I think this model fits with the two other hospital alternatives; acute day hospitals and crisis residences. Lessons from research on hospital alternatives to inpatient care .
- 21.Implementation of Intensive Home Treatment services associated with a 27 % reduction in suicide by mental health patients
- 20. Safety of patients under the care of crisis resolution home treatment services in England
- 15. HTAS Standards for Home Treatment Teams
- 14 Guidance statement on fidelity and best practices for crisis resolution and home treatment teams UK
- 19. A qualitative research study of service users /consumers of crisis resolution and home treatment services in UK